Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Weaknesses become strengths

This past week I was blessed with a cold. We have been doing really well and been super  busy so when that happened I was pretty annoyed. This scripture though has been running through my mind the past day or two.






Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them theiraweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them.

What weaknesses did I have? I physically was not able to do what I am supposed to be doing right now and some things that I may have just started doing because it felt like it wouldn't get done without me doing it I was also not able to do. I was blessed to feel greater appreciation for those around me that reached out in love when I wasn't expecting it. One amazing family made me soup another made us a pie and I received service when normally I prefer to give it in so many different ways it is hard to count. The Lord was showing me that sometimes I have to receive service. He was also showing me what I have been accomplishing and making me appreciate what I can normally do. I am so grateful for that temporary glimpse of needing service more and trying to graciously accept that lesson and others that the Lord has given me lately.

What are your weaknesses? Have you asked Heavenly Father to help you with them? He will, he will make them a strength if we ask him, but again we have to ask. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and all that He has done for me. I know He lives and because He lives we will live again as well. What a miracle to be loved so much. I love being a missionary and being able to serve Him with all my heart and mind, as well as meeting so many of His beloved Children. He loves you and He is waiting to help you if you haven't asked already. I know this is true, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.  Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment